Kindergarten “Vaikystė” working hours:
I-V 7:00– 19:00
There are 10 groups in kindergarten „Vaikystė“:
7 groups for children from 2,5 to 6 years
3 groups for children from 6 to 7 years
Each group is supervised by two educators and an assistant.
Also we have other teachers and specialists, providing help to children and families:
- Music educator is teaching music.
- Corrective help for children is provided by speech therapist, special educator and physical education teacher.
- Psychologist provides psychological help for children and their families. She applies expertise in mental health, learning and behavior to help children succeed socially, behaviorally, emotionally and academically.
Children’s daily routine:
7:00 – 8:30 Meeting and greeting the children. Children are responsible for emptying their backpack and hanging up coats, bags, etc.
8:45 Morning exercise: physical exercises, dance.
9:00 Breakfast. Children help serve the meal. We all eat and talk together.
9:30 – 11:30 Educational and exploration time: games, discussions, artistic or sports activities.
Children explore different areas of the class-room, while adults enter into and extend their play and learning. Adults encourage ideas and help in problem solving situations. Teacher selects materials for children to actively work with in the manner they choose. We talk about daily activities, read books, and share stories.
11:30 – 12:30 Outdoor activities.
12:30 Dinner. Children help serve the meal. We all eat and talk together.
13:30 – 15:30 Time to rest: sleep and relaxation.
15:30 – 16:30 Games, social activities.
16:30 Supper. Children help serve the meal. We all eat and talk together.
17:00 – 19:00 Educational activities, outdoor activities, parents meet teachers, discuss events of the day in the group (kindergarten) and take children home.
- Spacious playrooms, entertainment and sport hall are fitted for the thorough education of a child.
- We encourage and support children‘s initiative throughout the educational process, we value and take into consideration opinion of each child.
- Children are free to make decisions, be active and choose their favorite activities.
- We teach children responsibility by providing them freedom of choice.
- We understand children‘s culture as a unique phenomenon of a childhood and allow its expression in our kindergarten. We let children play, fantasize, create, experiment, explore.
- Together we celebrate, travel, organize summer camps, participate in competitions and events held in Kaunas.
- Dear parents, we especially value your ideas, suggestions and active participation in life of the kindergarten.
Childhood Pedagogical Centre
In 1997 „Vaikystė” was recognized as Childhood Pedagogical Centre. The main goal of the center is to raise preschool teachers’ qualification, to develop democratic ideas of the Egmont project, encouraging innovations and positive changes in practice of preschool institutions. In our seminars we share good practice which was acquired while participating in the international project “Democratization of preschool education system” (1993 – 2005 m.). Longevous participation in Egmont project had a big influence in shaping our attitude towards educational values, child and childhood itself. We learn constantly, share theoretical and practical knowledge with educators of preschool institutions and students.
Kaunas Kindergarten „Vaikystė“,
Partizanų g. 42,
Telephone: 837 313 086
Telephone 837 311 014